March 09, 2017 (JUBA) – Members of South Sudan’s armed opposition faction (SPLM-IO), who have not laid down arms will not take part in the national dialogue initiative, an official said.
"Our understanding of inclusivity is that all opposition groups, which put down their guns, will be allowed to join the national dialogue," the country’s information minister, Michael Makuei Lueth said on Thursday.
President Salva Kiir announced the dialogue in December last year and its steering committee (...)
The following ads are provided by Google. SudanTribune has no authority on it.
Africa’s next level of economic transformation2017-03-20 05:57:00
By Jim Yong Kim
The G20 finance ministers met last week in Germany to discuss critical challenges facing the global economy, from climate change to migration to humanitarian emergencies like the (...)
An Appeal to President of the Republic of South Sudan2017-03-15 07:22:45
Dear. Mr. President,
I write to appeal to you for the release of political detainees now in the custody of the National Security Service at Jebel and other detention facilities. In doing this, I (...)
Militias of Bashir’s Regime and the Proxy War (1)2017-02-08 21:49:09
Sudan Democracy First Group
Militias of Bashir’s Regime and the Proxy War (1)
War in the Blue Nile: Militias in the hunt of refugees and displaced population
Throughout its rule, (...)