| Mots-clés | Countries | Africa | East Africa | South Sudan
- South Sudan’s national flag. Also the flag of the SPLM/SPLA.
Official name : Republic of South Sudan (RSS)
Capital : Juba (Proposed new capital Ramciel)
Founded : 9 July 2011
Official language : English
Dialing code : +211
Domain Name : .ss
Time Zone : East Africa Time (UTC+3)
Currency : South Sudanese pound (SSP)
Adult Literacy : 27 percent (2009)
Area : 619,745 km2
South Sudan is a landlocked country in east-central Africa.
However, South Sudan is classified as part of the North Africa subregion by the United Nations (UN).
- 2011 | 10,314,021 Source : World Bank estimate
- 2008 | 8,260,490 Source : Disputed Census
National Legislative Assembly
Ruling Party : Sudan People’s Liberation Movement (SPLM)
Military : Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA)
The Republic of South Sudan became independent from Sudan on 9 July 2011 after a referendum in January that year, which was secured as part of the 2005 Comprehensive Peace Agreement.
- 9 July 2011 | Republic of South Sudan
- 9 July 2005 | Semi-autonomous Government of South Sudan (GoSS)
- 9 Jan. 2005 | Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA)
- 1 Jan. 1956 | Independence from the Anglo-Egyptian condominium as part of Sudan
South Sudan’s Regions and States
Greater Upper Nile
Greater Bahr el Ghazal
South Sudan Links