Home | News    Friday 19 August 2016

Over 900,000 SSP saved after workers’ screening in Jonglei state

separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation

August 18, 2016(BOR) – Over 900,000 SSP was saved by Jonglei state government after a screening exercise, involving removal of ghost workers and absentees from payrolls.

JPEG - 102 kb
Jonglei state governor, Phillip Aguer speaks during the independence occassion July 9, 2016 (ST)

The process, an official told Sudan Tribune, started three months ago.

According to the state secretary general, Mawut Achiek, not less than 250 employees whose names were found on payrolls, but not presence at work places, were screened.

“We are saving 300,000 SSP. This had been going to individuals’ pockets in the state. We have also identified not less than 250 ghost names. These are people, who are no longer there, or they had never existed and there is no scientific evidence to proof their employment in the first place”, Achiek told reporters in the state capital, Bor.

The state government, he said, inherited a huge workforce when the province was controversially divided into four states, namely Fangak, Eastern Bieh and Boma.

The other three states went away with workforce of less than 3,000 employees in total, leaving new Jonglei state with over 5,000 employees alone, stressed Achiek.

Meanwhile, the state government said it was not determined to fully reduce the workforce to a reasonable number that would easily be manageable financially.

(ST)

Comments on the Sudan Tribune website must abide by the following rules. Contravention of these rules will lead to the user losing their Sudan Tribune account with immediate effect.

- No inciting violence
- No inappropriate or offensive language
- No racism, tribalism or sectarianism
- No inappropriate or derogatory remarks
- No deviation from the topic of the article
- No advertising, spamming or links
- No incomprehensible comments

Due to the unprecedented amount of racist and offensive language on the site, Sudan Tribune tries to vet all comments on the site.

There is now also a limit of 400 words per comment. If you want to express yourself in more detail than this allows, please e-mail your comment as an article to comment@sudantribune.com

Kind regards,

The Sudan Tribune editorial team.
  • 20 August 2016 09:21, by Dengda

    May be my name still active after years of which I was told early 2014 that my name been taken from payroll. It would be my take not clear and confirm it. I initially took 6 months without pay before the war broke out. A lot of rumours circulating that my name is on active payroll if that is the case. I am apologising to people of JS. The time I went I asked but may be I was cheated as I was told.

    repondre message

Comment on this article


 
 

The following ads are provided by Google. SudanTribune has no authority on it.


Sudan Tribune

Promote your Page too

Latest Comments & Analysis


South Sudan: Strategic choice between bribery and right to self-determination for Saharawi people 2017-01-22 22:03:05 By Beny Gideon Mabor, Esq Western Sahara known as Saharan Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) was Spanish protectorate in the Maghreb region of North Africa. It is situated north of Kingdom of (...)

Armed Struggle and Civil Resistance in Sudan: A catch 22 situation 2017-01-22 08:22:12 By Elwathig Kameir 1. The Sudan People's Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) issued a press statement, on Jan. 17, declining a US initiative (of which I have seen a copy) for the delivery and (...)

Civil lawsuit on behalf of Sudanese victims against BNP Paribas 2017-01-22 08:13:14 Civil lawsuit on behalf of Sudanese victims of Khartoum's atrocity crimes brought against BNP Paribas in U.S. Federal District Court (filed January 20, 2017) By Eric Reeves The civil suit (...)


MORE






Latest Press Releases


Abduction of S. Sudan Chief Justice’s aide illegal, should be condemned 2017-01-16 05:27:50 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 16th January 2015 Legal Watch Associates South Sudan has learned with shock and dismay the abduction of Mr Gama Thomas, an aide to the Chief Justice, Chan Reech Madut. (...)

Carter Center welcomes new regulations on humanitarian affairs 2017-01-12 07:53:16 The Carter Center ATLANTA, Januarg 11, 2017 – The Carter Center welcomes the recent regulations issued by the government of Sudan aimed at facilitating humanitarian relief throughout the country (...)

Nertiti massacre in Central Darfur exposes the criminal nature of Bashir’s regime 2017-01-03 11:54:47 Sudan Democracy First Group Nirtiti massacre in Central Darfur exposes the criminal nature of Bashir's regime 2 January 2017 On the first day of 2016, and only one day after President Bashir's (...)


MORE

Copyright © 2003-2017 SudanTribune - All rights reserved.