Home | News    Friday 30 May 2014

Sudanese warplanes bombard rebel stronghold in S. Kordofan: SPLM-N

separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation

May 30, 2014 (KHARTOUM) - The Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) said the Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) bombarded during the last three days Kauda, a rebel stronghold in the Nuba Moutains area, South Kordofan state.

“More than 53 bombs were dropped on residential areas, schools, hospitals, and farms,” SPLM-N spokesperson, said Arnu Ngutulu Loddi in a statement extended to Sudan Tribune on Friday.

According to Loddi, an Anyonov dropped 8 bombs on Tuesday 27May, causing damage to some buildings in the town which is located at about 100 kilometers east of Kadugli, the state capital.

The next day, 28 May, air strikes by an Antonov and a Sukhoi-24 on Kauda destroyed 4 houses, also one man and two children were wounded.

“On May 29, 2014, a Sukhoi-24 bombed Kauda with 14 bombs, horrifying civilians and destroying buildings,” he concluded.

Right groups accuse the Sudanese army of "indiscriminate" aerial attacks on the Nuba Mounyains.

Canada, EU and US condemned earlier this month aerial bombardments on 1 and 2 May 2014 of the Mother of Mercy medical facility in the Nuba Mountains in South Kordofan.

“The civilians of the Nuba Mountains continue to endure relentless aerial bombardment by the military forces of the Khartoum regime—without condemnation, indeed largely without notice,” said Eric Reeves on Friday.

“But for the people of the Nuba, the realities of such constant attacks—all of them war crimes under the terms of the Rome Treaty that is the statutory basis for the International Criminal Court—are ever-present, destroying their lives and livelihoods,” he further said in a short statement extended to Sudan Tribune..

The Sudanese army’s spokesman could not be immediately reached.

Sudanese military officials said this week they target Kauda, but a rebel sources speaking to Sudan Tribune on conditions of anonymity ruled out a ground attack by the government troops saying they are far from the rebel stronghold.

(ST)

Comments on the Sudan Tribune website must abide by the following rules. Contravention of these rules will lead to the user losing their Sudan Tribune account with immediate effect.

- No inciting violence
- No inappropriate or offensive language
- No racism, tribalism or sectarianism
- No inappropriate or derogatory remarks
- No deviation from the topic of the article
- No advertising, spamming or links
- No incomprehensible comments

Due to the unprecedented amount of racist and offensive language on the site, Sudan Tribune tries to vet all comments on the site.

There is now also a limit of 400 words per comment. If you want to express yourself in more detail than this allows, please e-mail your comment as an article to comment@sudantribune.com

Kind regards,

The Sudan Tribune editorial team.
  • 30 May 2014 15:30, by Kalo

    The used 77 bombs but no one was killed coz God is great,the captured Kauda through airstrike stupid,Huissen Jabardar have gone,the next will be Adam Alfeki mark my words,they are those one who want to betray their own bloods of their brothers,struggle continues.

    repondre message

    • 31 May 2014 10:24, by Mohamed

      In 2 weeks Kauda will be liberated and renamed Jabal JabrEldar

      repondre message

  • 30 May 2014 17:03, by Mohamed

    2 more weeks and Kauda will be free from rebels.
    Now we open the peace and development chapter in the Nuba Mountains.

    repondre message

  • 31 May 2014 10:27, by Mohamed

    Thank you Sudan tribune for removing the bad language .
    This is definitely a thumbs up for the editors at Sudan Tribune..

    repondre message

Comment on this article



The following ads are provided by Google. SudanTribune has no authority on it.


Sudan Tribune

Promote your Page too

Latest Comments & Analysis


Darfur, the most ‘successful’ genocide in a century 2017-04-21 23:16:47 By Eric Reeves The Darfur region of western Sudan has been recognized since 2004 as the site of genocide since 2004 by dozens of political officials and bodies (including the U.S. Congress and (...)

Open Letter to AU and IGAD: Festus Mogae be relieved and JMEC disbanded 2017-04-21 23:12:39 By Dak Buoth It is an opportune time for President Festus Mogae, the Chair of the Joint Monitoring and Evaluation commission (JMEC) to pack and go back where he came from. And if he so wishes to (...)

The Nile Basin In Transformation: research uptake and what’s at stake? 2017-04-20 14:55:55 Mohamed s. M. Yassin (Ph.D) The Nile basin territories have witnessed huge transformation since prehistoric era and continue to be subjected to enormous transformations. The transformations (...)


MORE






Latest Press Releases


HRW denounces "collective punishment" in South Sudan’s Wau 2017-04-15 07:06:48 Human Right Watch South Sudan: New Spate of Ethnic Killings Urgent Need for Justice; UN Should Increase Patrols in Wau (Nairobi, April 14, 2017) – Government soldiers and allied militias (...)

Statement by South Sudanese Communist Party on the National Dialoguel 2017-03-22 05:44:42 The Communist Party of South Sudan On the Initiative of the National Dialogue The initiative taken by the President of the Republic of South Sudan declaring a need for a national dialogue is an (...)

An Appeal to President of the Republic of South Sudan 2017-03-15 07:22:45 Dear. Mr. President, I write to appeal to you for the release of political detainees now in the custody of the National Security Service at Jebel and other detention facilities. In doing this, I (...)


MORE

Copyright © 2003-2017 SudanTribune - All rights reserved.