Home | News    Thursday 8 May 2014

E. Equatoria secretariat general sacked for inciting tribal violence

separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation

By Ijoo Bosco

May 6, 2014 (TORIT) – Eastern Equatoria state’s former secretariat general, Charles Atul, said he was removed after false claims he instigated inter-tribal killings among the Buya Loriyok and Didinga tribes of Budi county.

Atul accuses Budi county authorities, including the county commissioner, of making baseless allegations to the state governor, prompting his removal.

The outgoing secretariat general said he had been tasked by state governor Louis Lobong Lojore to investigate what sparked inter-tribal violence in Camp 15 and consult with local chiefs and the Budi county commissioner.

Atul said he was let down by authorities in Budi county and as a result had reported false information to the state governor leading to his sacking late last month.

He strongly denied the allegations levied against him, accusing his enemies within the state government of spreading lies.

“I have no problem with anybody, including the commissioner,” Atul said.

However, Atul said he intended to open a court case against Budi county authorities for having tarnished his name and causing his removal.

Atul handed over to acting deputy secretariat general Joseph Obulamoi after leaving office on Tuesday, saying other formal procedures would be completed in coming days.

The outgoing secretariat general called on his deputy and the directors of different units to continue to work for the improvement of government services in Eastern Equatoria state.

He also apologised for anyone who felt wronged during his tenure and said he looked forward to pursuing other challenges and opportunities in the future.

Meanwhile, Obulamoi hailed Atul for his charismatic approach and service while in office, saying he will be missed by many.

The Eastern Equatoria state governor issued a decree last month sacking four senior members of his administration.

As well as Atul, peace and security advisor Claudio Suleiman Liling, commissioner of headquarters Marko Akio Ukinbuil and his Magwi county counterpart Francis Okech Oteka were also removed from their positions.

(ST)

Comments on the Sudan Tribune website must abide by the following rules. Contravention of these rules will lead to the user losing their Sudan Tribune account with immediate effect.

- No inciting violence
- No inappropriate or offensive language
- No racism, tribalism or sectarianism
- No inappropriate or derogatory remarks
- No deviation from the topic of the article
- No advertising, spamming or links
- No incomprehensible comments

Due to the unprecedented amount of racist and offensive language on the site, Sudan Tribune tries to vet all comments on the site.

There is now also a limit of 400 words per comment. If you want to express yourself in more detail than this allows, please e-mail your comment as an article to comment@sudantribune.com

Kind regards,

The Sudan Tribune editorial team.
  • 8 May 08:04, by Joseph Canada

    Dear Mr.secretariat, we would like to thank you for the work you have done in the past. We know it’s the Budi commissioner who have been Arabised by the north to ignite the conflict among the long peaceful communities of Budi. We know how he bribed some youth from Buya to raid Didinga and vies verser! He’s hunting the Buya intellectuals including the teachers and Nurses to kill them.

    repondre message

    • 8 May 08:12, by Joseph Canada

      All the killings I Loriok and the resent killing in camp 15 was all his plan to destroy the new town. The man who claim to bring the changes go culture that have existed for generations which the people are proudly identified for. He want to impose his Sheria law Law that we have been fighting for two decade in our county. Lobo g and him will face the law one day. Each dog has it’s day!

      repondre message

    • 8 May 08:12, by Joseph Canada

      All the killings I Loriok and the resent killing in camp 15 was all his plan to destroy the new town. The man who claim to bring the changes go culture that have existed for generations which the people are proudly identified for. He want to impose his Sheria law Law that we have been fighting for two decade in our county. Lobo g and him will face the law one day. Each dog has it’s day!

      repondre message

      • 8 May 08:17, by Joseph Canada

        I meant to say all the killing "in" LOriok and camp 15
        Also on the lad post is "Lobong" not lobo g,

        repondre message

Comment on this article


 
 

The following ads are provided by Google. SudanTribune has no authority on it.


Sudan Tribune

Promote your Page too

Latest Comments & Analysis


Why SPLM should not be a political party? 2014-10-27 08:00:25 By John Adoor Deng October 27, 2014 - Many people who have the focus in South Sudanese politics, these days have been bombarded with many coined Acronyms around SPLM. Truthfully, it has been a (...)

World’s newest nation has unprecedented opportunity to end sexual violence in conflict 2014-10-17 21:34:44 By Zainab Hawa Bangura October 17, 2014 - As United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG) on Sexual Violence in Conflict, I completed my first trip to South Sudan last (...)

Celebrate the golden jubilee of the October 1964 Sudanese revolution 2014-10-17 21:34:32 By Mahmoud A. Suleiman October 17, 2014 - Despite the dearth and lack of what needs celebration and rejoice in the reign of the National Congress Party (NCP) regime led by the tyrant genocidal (...)


MORE








Latest Press Releases


Sudan Democracy First Group condemns wave of arbitrary arrests in Sudan 2014-09-25 05:17:35 Sudan Democracy First Group 25 September 2014 - In a desperate attempt to prevent a series of events commemorating the victims of the September 2013 protests, Sudan’s notorious National (...)

HRW calls on UN rights body to press Sudan to investigate murder of peaceful protesters 2014-09-24 21:24:09 Human Rights Watch One Year On, No Justice for Protester Deaths (Geneva, September 23, 2014) – The United Nations Human Rights Council should call on Sudan to account immediately for the death (...)

Hundreds walk for peace in South Sudan 2014-09-23 08:30:16 National Platform for Peace and Reconciliation (NPPR) PRESS RELEASE Juba, 21 September 2014 - Hundreds of people took to the streets of the South Sudan capital Jubato ‘Walk for Peace’and demand (...)


MORE

Copyright © 2003-2014 SudanTribune - All rights reserved.