By Peter Gai Manyuon
March 14, 2013 - Since the beginning of the Republic of South Sudan starting from 2005 to date, there was no one from the Government of South Sudan that has resigned due to the disorganization of the System within the Judiciary of South Sudan, therefore it is something very interesting and realistic enough for Justice John Clement Kuc to resign due to the fact that, if he has not seen the needful from his Chief justice , he has the right and obligation to say enough is enough because I think he does not want to be in the system which is full of nepotism and corruption as he stated in his resignation letter addressed to our President of the Republic of South Sudan General Salva Kiir Mayardit yesterday 12th of March 2013.
Logically, I think John Clement Kuc is having right to resign in the Judiciary because everybody is entitled the right of freedom of will in this Country
When I read through the resignation of John clement, I really found a very interesting point which he mention in the middle paragraph where he said, Chief Justice brought in his son without being interviewed by the Judiciary, because there are rules and regulations that are needed in order for the Judiciary to have a competence and qualified people that can work for the betterment of this great nation known by the name Republic of South Sudan.
Another technical point was the issue the Chief Justice sending some names of South Sudanese who have Islamic names with the name of our colleagues from the North Sudan whose jobs were terminated according to the Constitution.
Another technical statement is that Clement stated that, Chief Justice ordered the interview committee not to award marks or grading to any person being interview. In really sense how can you determined if you have not test the capabilities of the people who are to be employees in the Judiciary.
Having look at all those concerns from John Clement show that, there are lots of issues in the judiciary that are happening wrongly and people are not aware about but now since all South Sudanese have got what is happening now through the resignation of the one of the senior judge, there is need for our Government to intervene in this crisis in the Judiciary according to my Journalistic way of viewing things, there is need for proper investigation to the Judiciary because, having annualized the issue of that very body in this Country, we need proper attention, the issue of saying we are from one place with the person does not work this days what matter is who to deliver services to the people of the Republic of South Sudan
This is the time of employing competence people in the Republic of South Sudan, the issue of saying Mr. so and so or Ms. so and is my relative or my son or daughter should be put a side if we really want Justice, good governance and respect of the rule of law to prevail in this Country.
I was so demoralized when I read this from the Media and when I interviewed the Justice John Clement Kuc today in Juba about this scenario happening in the current system of the Judiciary in this country.
Recommendations for public consumption in this great Nation:
- Government of the Republic of South Sudan should intervene in that complicated issue where by some people reached up to the extent of employing their own sons through the window, something very shameful not to be practice in this nation, if we really want completeness of work and reality
- Government should make screening to those that, have been recruited illegally without following the procedural process of making these in the Judiciary of the Republic of south Sudan
- There is need for the government to take a crucial decision to either dismiss or suspend those who are in the process of disorganizing the Judicial way of making rule and regulations in this Country or can appoint another neutral person that can work for the betterment of the peacefully co-existence of the entire citizen of the Republic of South Sudan
- Recruitment should be carry out by neutral people from different body , for the process to be transparent and credible because , people are trying to interfere with public positions to be personal which is not logically enough to be practice
- Having look at those aspects of the recommendations regarding this volatile situation in the Judiciary , South Sudanese citizen will appreciates the government involvement in this curiosity
Conclusively; looking at the way we came through from the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA), Referendum of the South Sudan for self-determination and the Independence of the Republic of South Sudan which was declared on the 9th of July 2011, these steps gave us a lot of experiences whereby we should not behave contrary to the law that is governing us in this great Republic in the Africa Continent.
Therefore, we should make our things diplomatically, responsively, and realistically for us to proper to another level as a young Nation.
Peter Gai is an independent journalist based in South Sudan. He can be contacted at: email@example.com