Home | News    Thursday 12 April 2012

South Sudan parliament backs public mobilisation against external aggression

separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation

April 11, 2012 (JUBA) - South Sudan said on Wednesday it would allow members of the two houses to go into recess in order to help in the public sensitisation and mobilisation against what it described as “external aggression”.

JPEG - 35 kb
South Sudan Parliament (BBC)

During a debate on the national election bill on Wednesday at the National Assembly, speaker of the assembly, James Wani Igga, said the house would allow members go on recess during this period of conflict in the borderlands between north and South Sudan.

Igga told members to return to their constituencies to “sensitise and mobilise our people” with regards to the deteriorating security situation.

“We know that the government in Khartoum has launched war in multiple points. It is not only in areas around Unity state. They have decided to fight us on multiple fronts”, Igga told the house, without specifying the regions.

He claimed South Sudan was acting in self-defence, against aggression from Khartoum’s forces.

Onyoti Adigo, leader of the opposition group in the parliament said it was time for the House to come together in order to draft a resolution condemning the attack on the South Sudan territories. He said that this should be done before going into recess.

Adagio expressed his opposition to waiting for an official briefing from the executive and quoted a provision in the country’s transitional constitution that allows the house to suspend a debate in progress in order to attend to an urgent matter of the national interest.

Amid applause from the House, Adagio said doing so would “raise the moral of the army and our people”.

The Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA) deputy chief of general staff, Mboto Mamur Mate, said in a separate interview with Sudan Tribune on Wednesday from Bentiu, the capital of Unity state, that he will remain there until the “foreign forces” had been removed.

He added that SPLA troops would advance into areas “compromised in the past”.

Unity state’s information minister, Gideon Gatpan, said on Wednesday that the SPLA are heading north of Heglig, to the 1956 border - as demaracted by the British-Egyptian colonial power.

Deputy head of the SPLA’s military intelligence, Mac Paul, described the morale of the army as “very high” and explained that they had been ordered to stand their ground, rather than advance.

Philip Aguer, spokesman for the SPLA said the army had not entered Sudanese territory, but that they remained within the territory of South Sudan. He also said that Khartoum’s Sudan Armed Force (SAF) had operated with “Khartoum backed militias”.

Aguer said that SAF had been bombing the Heglig region throughout Wednesday.

(ST)

Comments on the Sudan Tribune website must abide by the following rules. Contravention of these rules will lead to the user losing their Sudan Tribune account with immediate effect.

- No inciting violence
- No inappropriate or offensive language
- No racism, tribalism or sectarianism
- No inappropriate or derogatory remarks
- No deviation from the topic of the article
- No advertising, spamming or links
- No incomprehensible comments

Due to the unprecedented amount of racist and offensive language on the site, Sudan Tribune tries to vet all comments on the site.

There is now also a limit of 400 words per comment. If you want to express yourself in more detail than this allows, please e-mail your comment as an article to comment@sudantribune.com

Kind regards,

The Sudan Tribune editorial team.
  • 12 April 2012 06:28, by Sundayw

    Every able-bodied men aged 18-40 must report to the nearest local office and register for general mobilization should this stage come up. We must protect our independence with all the fiber of our being because we can easily loose it one town at a time to the greedy and unreasonable NCP-led regime. We have nothing against our Northern brothers. We have problem with your regime.

    repondre message

  • 12 April 2012 06:58, by panda

    Hi all South Sudaness,you have to come together to fight this war,We are not rebel any more we are government that can defence her people.Let me advice those who say SPLA belong to Dinka,there is no government belong to one tribe,South Sudan belong to all of us.Don’t leave the war to Dinka against,like what in the SPLA WAR.You have seen the benefit of having your own country.War is not like eating

    repondre message

    • 12 April 2012 07:45, by Ruach

      Panda,
      Don’t talk nonsense in the forum.When u misuse public property as your personal tool,others will regret.If u see SPLA of today,no Dinka are participating more because the salary is very little.1980-2000’s SPLA comprised all tribes otherwise u couldn’t manage to fight Jallaba alone.

      repondre message

    • 12 April 2012 08:00, by Ruach

      Braveness can be seen on front line not talking more I’m a brave,brave...Let join our hands together and don’t misuse public money improperly.Those Jallaba will go back to Saudi Arabia or Yemen.This is a real war now,but will put our country back interm of dev’ts as all efforts(budgets) will be allocated for war.We need think back,but we need our lands back that Marol stole.Death to them.

      repondre message

      • 12 April 2012 13:54, by okucu pa lotinokwan

        The Opposition of the South Sudan should be investigated,like Adigo Onyoti,the way he talks is not clear,and where is Lam Akol this time,be care of him he will follow yauyau soon.

        OKUCU PA LOTINOKWAN

        repondre message

      • 12 April 2012 19:18, by Ruach

        Arabs will suffer extremely

        repondre message

    • 12 April 2012 08:07, by Ross

      We will fight this war till the end of our life, but let us make this arrangement. First the front line will be for Dinka since they are the top of the Government, followed by Nuer and then the rest of Tribes, for the history of animal farms should be avoided in this beloved country.

      repondre message

      • 12 April 2012 08:57, by Madina Tonj

        ROSS
        Those tribes which you mention are not fearful when it come to war. If you are from small tribe make no mistake about it, there is no war without Monyjang or Dinka and Nuer.

        If you see small boy of Dinka don’t ignore so there is no any doubt both Nuers and Dinkas tribe are on top for reasonable

        repondre message

    • 12 April 2012 09:25, by Chok Deng

      Bravo Hon. Igga,yes to public mobilization,i’m ready with this little knowledge of mine.Send youth to Isreal for Military training.Fake Arabs will soon evacuate Sudan.

      repondre message

  • 12 April 2012 07:32, by jur_likang_a_ likan’g

    Ayuwa ya jamaa show them 1956 border with your ebony stick. Kiir, Riek, Mamur and Jada show them how we people dance with our sticks raised up. More will come if Abyei, Kafia Kingi and Hufrat al Nahas are not brought to the fold. Take and defend what is ours no less nor more. Even God is with us because we have not taken anything from anybody.

    repondre message

  • 12 April 2012 07:50, by E. Defense Forces

    thump up !!
    International calls to Juba to withdraw from the Heglig.

    http://www.southsudanhub.com/media/343/International_calls_to_Juba_to_withdraw_from_the_Heglig/

    African Union called on the State of South Sudan to withdraw "immediately and unconditionally" from the Heglig oil of the Sudan.
    http://www.southsudanhub.com/media/342/African_Union_called_on_the_State_of_South_Sudan_to_withdraw/

    repondre message

  • 12 April 2012 08:32, by Grader

    Thank you our men and women in uniform.

    You made us proud the way some of us did you proud in 80-90s.

    SPlA oyee

    repondre message

  • 12 April 2012 09:25, by Daniel Buolmawei

    Now it is clear those of E. Equatoria Defense Force are agents of Arab who pretend on this website for long time to be an Equatorian in order to cause regional divisions within South Sudan. Now they are clear they are fake Arabs of Khartoum. No southerner can’t support our country and our gallant SPLA forces at these times unless nrotherners.

    repondre message

    • 12 April 2012 10:03, by michael coma

      Dear South sudanese youth,now it is war time so our leaders said they wanted to mobilize youth to depend the nation and if it is jobs available for youth they gave to their relatives,sons and daughters to occupied the vacancies while those who lost their fathers during the strungled they had been forgotten now.

      repondre message

      • 12 April 2012 11:22, by Land-of-Cush

        South Sudan forces must go upto Kadugli Since Arab Saf began to dropped five bombed in to strategic town of Bentiu.

        repondre message

  • 30 July 2012 18:42, by danaray79

    I am really impressed by this blog! Very clear explanation of issues is given and it is open to everyone. thanks for posting this work of yours..this is very good! Buy Essay.

    repondre message

Comment on this article



The following ads are provided by Google. SudanTribune has no authority on it.



Sudan Tribune

Promote your Page too

Latest Comments & Analysis


Security Arrangements in Sudan: Achilles heels of peace and democratic transformation 2019-12-10 05:47:59 By Elwathig Kameir This article is intended to act as an eye-opener for all the Sudanese political forces. It aims to shed light on the huge challenges that will be faced by the December (...)

Egypt final push to secure zero-sum water-share agreement 2019-12-09 14:11:32 By Ermias Hailu After Egypt’s failure to integrate Eritrea to its territories by the end of the second world war, due to Emperor Haile Selassie’s superior diplomatic skills, the then Egyptian Pan- (...)

Defending kleptocrat is like defending devils before God 2019-12-09 12:34:30 By Zechariah Makuach Maror On Friday 6. Dec. 2019 the Dawn newspaper published an article in it Vol.4 Issue 1111 written by a clumsy writer called Peter Wek Ayom Wek titled "response to (...)


MORE






Latest Press Releases


S. Korea supports UN communities building resilience project in Sudan’s Blue Nile 2019-09-09 09:26:41 UNDP Sudan September 5, 2019 (KHARTOUM) - An agreement was signed on 5th of September between the Korean Ambassador, His Excellency. Lee Ki-Seong and Dr. Selva Ramachandran, Resident (...)

Sudanese lawyers and Human rights defenders back calls for civil rule 2019-04-26 10:22:06 Press statement by 55 Sudanese lawyers and Human rights defenders on Sudan Sit-in and Peaceful Protest Khartoum -24/04/2019 We, the undersigned (55) Sudanese lawyers and human rights defenders, (...)

South Sudan’s Lafon youth condemn killings of civilians by Pari community 2019-04-03 21:54:29 Press Statement on the Fighting between Pari/ Pacidi and Lotuko/Lokiri on 24/3/2019 Release by The Lafon County Youth Union: We, the Lafon County Youth Union hereby condemn the atrocities and (...)


MORE

Copyright © 2003-2019 SudanTribune - All rights reserved.