Home | News    Tuesday 14 December 2010

Sudanese warplanes have effectively bombed South Sudan – UN confirm

separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation

December 13, 2010 (KHARTOUM) — A UN investigation team confirmed Monday that warplanes from the Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) had carried out attacks against some locations in Southern Sudan near the joint border this month.

JPEG - 29.7 kb
UNMIS military talk with local officials after inspecting alleged bombing near Kiir Adem bridge, on November 24, 2010 (ST)

"After verification, it was established by the CJMC members that air attack took place in the vicinity of Timsaha in Western Bahr al-Ghazal and no casualties have been reported," said UN Mission in Sudan (UNMIS) spokesperson, Kouider Zerrouk.

Southern Sudan said last month that SAF representatives in the ceasefire monitoring body (Ceasefire Joint Military Committee) which is chaired by UN military admitted a previous bombing in the area on 14 November saying the incident accrued during a hunt of Darfur rebels.

Southern Sudan minister of information, Barnaba Marial Benjamin Bil, on 7 December accused SAF of working to undermine the referenda on self-determination by carrying out air attacks in Southern Sudan.

Khartoum accuses the semi-autonomous region of supporting Darfur rebels. Sudanese officials and pro-ruling National Congress Party (NCP) press accuse on daily basis Juba of harboring and supporting Western Sudan insurgents.

But Southern Sudan officials deny the accusations and say the bombing means also to increase tension in the area and to stop the process of a referendum that is expected to lead Southerners to the independence.

(ST)

Comments on the Sudan Tribune website must abide by the following rules. Contravention of these rules will lead to the user losing their Sudan Tribune account with immediate effect.

- No inciting violence
- No inappropriate or offensive language
- No racism, tribalism or sectarianism
- No inappropriate or derogatory remarks
- No deviation from the topic of the article
- No advertising, spamming or links
- No incomprehensible comments

Due to the unprecedented amount of racist and offensive language on the site, Sudan Tribune tries to vet all comments on the site.

There is now also a limit of 400 words per comment. If you want to express yourself in more detail than this allows, please e-mail your comment as an article to comment@sudantribune.com

Kind regards,

The Sudan Tribune editorial team.
  • 14 December 2010 07:31, by Ahmed Chol

    Question to NCP and Bashir,

    How many Darfur rebels have you killed or wounded so far during your bombardment in South Sudan?

    repondre message

    • 14 December 2010 07:45, by Peter Elia Kuzee

      No signle darfur rebel was kill, But their aim is to kill the SPLA becouse they failed for unitym while SPLM win the separation.

      repondre message

      • 15 December 2010 00:18, by padiit gaga

        This is imposible for Khortum army to say GOSS support Darfure rebel that is why the bombed SPLA side with it. That is different method the make, they just only want to destroy this referendum of southerness. This is vissible ways that foolish could be cought on his styles of decieving wise.

        repondre message

  • 14 December 2010 07:48, by Thongjang Thongjang

    National satanic front is not looking for Durfurs rebels! They realized that oil it’s out on their soon than later. Very they will get the war are dream of from southerners in minute! Evil of mullahs in will be deal by force by the mighty SPLA/M. Rabbi Thongjang Thongjang.

    repondre message

  • 14 December 2010 09:21, by Peter Nhiany

    Dear Southerners,

    Khartoum will never be peaceful if it does not allow South Sudan to decide its future. Good thing is that the UN has confirmed the evidences of bombing.

    How is Khartoum going to deny it again? This is pathetic, SPLA must use anti-aircraft to shoot down any SAF military planes flying over South Sudan territory with out permission.

    Threat is a threat and must not be taken lightly. It poses danger to our people, the same who lost bunch of relatives during the last 22 years of war.

    Enough is enough and Khartoum must cease from aerial bombardment. South Sudan is not for war this time, it is time to put our people first more than anything, and any thing that poses threat to them must be taken seriously.

    The international community should pressure Khartoum to refrain from any behavior that underminds referendum process. Three times air campaign is not acceptable.

    Khartoum should lie about its behavior by using Darfur rebels as an excuse for their vicious and unacceptable behavior. Khartoum must abstains from threatening the innocent civilians in the South Sudan.

    This is a crime, and must be addressed and must be done immediately. We south Sudanese will not tolerate any behavior that put lives our people at risk.

    It is a crime against humanity to target innocent pupolation, and should be given complete and full attention so that Khartoum halt its malicious military activities that put our precious opportunity at potential risk.

    This is it, UN must fulfils its duties by sending signal to the UNSC and must do it swiftly to save more lives of the innocent South Sudanese from being taken away.

    We South Sudanese understand the intention of Khartoum, Khartoum wants to either desrrupt the referendum or kill people to reduce the number of registrants to vote during the referendum.

    Khartoum behavior for carrying out airstrike in Northern, and Western Bar-El-Gazal States of South Sudan is not just a violation, but a huge crime; a crime that should not go unaddressed.

    I hope some diplomatic approach must reach with Khartoum to stop its behavior or South has a right to protect its citizens from any external harm in any event of such a behavior being displayed by Khartoum.

    The people of South Sudan will remaind peaceful during and after the "referendum." Peace and freedom is what we South Sudanese want, and we shall achieve it in lessen four weeks.

    We will not let any behavior displays by by Khartoum destract us from some golden. It will be left to the international community to watch who is doing what. Peace will prevail in South Sudan. Thank you.

    Peter Nhiany.

    repondre message

    • 14 December 2010 10:46, by Chanson

      Bravo Peter you said it all!!!!!!!

      repondre message

  • 14 December 2010 11:34, by AUGUSTINO DENG

    In fact, the Northern Sudan Government is weak and weak. The bombing of Kiir Adem is a sign of weakness and at the same time, they are betraying themselves to the world. Let them bomb, but one thing they should have to know is that whether they still bombed us or not, we Southerners have to go.

    Shame on that fucken gay leader call Omar Beshir and Umar Taha. Fuck all of them in Khartoum.

    By Augustino Deng. Jech la mer from Tharpam.

    repondre message

    • 14 December 2010 13:30, by Both Diew Tap

      Surely they are betraying themselves to the entire world.But let me assure them of bombing will never harm and stop people of Southern Sudan to vote for their succession in next coming Jan 2011.

      Us we Southern Sudanese do believe in Almighty God,The holy father,the creature of the world who has promised this beloved land to people of Southern Sudan remain fearless of any thing created by Khartoum as it will not alter the conduct of referendum vote on time!!! The lead to this so called secession of Southern Sudan is Almighty God,whether Khartoum like it or not!!!

      Go people of Southern Sudan for your secession....death can not be deny if God declare it!!! Pray hard to ours Almighty God. Never fear of death never never never people of Southern Sudan...

      I love my country more than my life!

      James Both Diew

      repondre message

  • 14 December 2010 22:21, by Nhomlawda

    We need UN to use this as a justification to create a buffer zone between North and South including Abiei in the buffer zone as requested by GOSS president earlier. Khartoum Islamists will not have a reason any more to refuse UN troops deployment along 1956 border since their provocation and billigerent behavior is now proofed. Without buffer zone created, Khartoum Islamist will use brainless Maseriaya militias to provoke SPLA which may aggrevate tension between the two armies which might increase chances of clashing at the border which might escalate to full war between north and south.
    Therefore, UN and International Community especially USA, France, and UK should convene UN Security Council meeting to pass a resolution approving creation of a buffer zone along 1956 and Abiei area as soon as possible. Let’s hope Russia and China, traditional friends of Khartoum will not oppose the resolution creating buffer zone.
    But for precautionary measures in case China and Russia veto UN resolution creating buffer zone between north and south, SPLA should increase their millary arsenals including long range artelaries and surface to air missiles with accurate precision to match Khartoum latest weaponries so that we can effectively defense ourselves in case those terrorists declare war on the South. It is our hope that they will not do so but we have to prepare for any eventualities.

    Regards, Nhomlawda

    repondre message

Comment on this article



The following ads are provided by Google. SudanTribune has no authority on it.


Sudan Tribune

Promote your Page too

Latest Comments & Analysis


Cholera in Sudan: Open letter to WHO Director 2017-07-25 00:15:38 An Open Letter to Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General of the UN’s World Health Organization United Nations Office at Geneva | Palais des Nations, 1211 | Genève, Switzerland Dr. (...)

Mobil roundabout’s another victim after CE & Juba market 2017-07-23 23:32:28 By Deng Kiir Akok I was a bit late to arrive at London Cafeteria in Atlabara, Tumbura road where a friend of mine invited me for lunch last Thursday, Jul 20, 2017. On my way to the cafeteria, I (...)

Why I believe Halayeb Triangle is an Egyptian territory 2017-07-18 22:10:00 By Tor Madira Machier Since the exit of the Anglo-Egyptian colonisation of Sudan, Egypt’s Halayeb Triangle has been a subject of false ownership claim by the Khartoum successive regimes. In fact, (...)


MORE






Latest Press Releases


HRW denounces "collective punishment" in South Sudan’s Wau 2017-04-15 07:06:48 Human Right Watch South Sudan: New Spate of Ethnic Killings Urgent Need for Justice; UN Should Increase Patrols in Wau (Nairobi, April 14, 2017) – Government soldiers and allied militias (...)

Statement by South Sudanese Communist Party on the National Dialoguel 2017-03-22 05:44:42 The Communist Party of South Sudan On the Initiative of the National Dialogue The initiative taken by the President of the Republic of South Sudan declaring a need for a national dialogue is an (...)

An Appeal to President of the Republic of South Sudan 2017-03-15 07:22:45 Dear. Mr. President, I write to appeal to you for the release of political detainees now in the custody of the National Security Service at Jebel and other detention facilities. In doing this, I (...)


MORE

Copyright © 2003-2017 SudanTribune - All rights reserved.