Home | News    Tuesday 17 April 2012

Sudan’s NCP slams opposition parties for their ‘soft‘ position over Heglig occupation

separation
increase
decrease
separation
separation

April 16, 2012 (KHARTOUM) — Sudanese presidential assistant Nafie Ali Nafie yesterday slammed two opposition parties for not condemning strongly enough the capture of Heglig by the South Sudanese army last week.

Nafie Ali NafieNafie, who made these remarks on Monday evening at a meeting organized by a mobilisation committee to support the Sudanese army in Khartoum, was reacting to a communiqué released by a coalition of opposition forces during the day.

The National Consensus Forces (NCF) condemned the occupation of Heglig by the South Sudanese army and asked Juba to withdraw its troops from the oil-rich area. The NCF also said it was opposed to the war between the two countries because it is against the interests of the two nations, delays the settlement of outstanding issues and hinders democratic transformation.

Nafie told the crowd that Hassan al-Turabi, leader of the Popular Congress Party (PCP) refused — during an NCF meeting held on Monday — to condemn the occupation of Heglig by the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA).

PCP’s leader is accused of coordinating with the Sudan People Liberation Movement North (SPLM- N) and Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) along with two main factions of Sudan Liberation Movement (SLM) in their efforts aiming to topple the regime.

Khartoum says JEM rebels participated in the attack on Heglig and terms them as "mercenaries". Officials in Khartoum also allude to PCP members when they speak about a "fifth column".

Nafie reiterated that he is certain about the relationship of Turabi’s party with JEM rebels stressing that they cannot deny it. He alleged that the PCP Secretary General in Khartoum state Adam al-Tahir Hamdoun was tasked to supervise the designation of a successor to Khalil Ibrahim, JEM’s former leader after his death.

However, the PCP member reached by Sudan Tribune denied this accusation and emphasised that Turabi supported the condemnation of Heglig occupation during the NCF’s meeting.

Nafie further criticised the Sudanese Communist party (SCP) saying its condemnation of the attack came too late saying it was an "attempt to exploit" the general atmosphere in the country against the occupation.

He accused the communists of being part of the South Kordofan rebellion, referring to its past influence of the party among the Nuba Mountains population.

The presidential assistant also censured the National Umma Party (NUP) of Sadiq al-Mahdi for joining the NCF in its position saying that the opposition party cannot try and ride two horses at the same time.

The NUP this month condemned the war between the two sides and urged an end to it. It also called for a national conference to adopt a draft peace agreement to end the conflicts of Blue Nile, Darfur, and South Kordofan.

The Sudanese official vowed to give the South Sudanese government a tough lesson for daring to attack Heglig, and to attack its army in any area that war strategy imposes. He also said that it is "probable" the Sudanese army will advance beyond the border.

The Sudanese army said it reached Heglig region and are surrounding the town and oil fields from three fronts. The army also bombarded on daily basis strategic sites in the Unity State to try and hit the South Sudanese tanks and military convoys.

The Sudanese parliament yesterday declared the South Sudan government dominated by the ruling party, SPLM , as "enemy of Sudan" and vowed to fight it "until we end its rule of the South."

Nafie also accused JEM of participating in the fighting besides the South Sudanese army. He said the army clashed on Monday with the Darfuri rebel group outside the disputed town.

Yesterday, Ashrooq TV, a private Sudanese channel, aired an interview with a JEM fighter allegedly captured after a combat near Heglig. The rebel group did not announce its participation in the fighting over Heglig.

The SLM led by Abdel Wahid al-Nur dissociated itself publicly from the ongoing war between the Sudan and South Sudan. The rebel group said they want to topple the regime but that Heglig battle is motivated by a dispute over border areas between two independent countries.

(ST)

Comments on the Sudan Tribune website must abide by the following rules. Contravention of these rules will lead to the user losing their Sudan Tribune account with immediate effect.

- No inciting violence
- No inappropriate or offensive language
- No racism, tribalism or sectarianism
- No inappropriate or derogatory remarks
- No deviation from the topic of the article
- No advertising, spamming or links
- No incomprehensible comments

Due to the unprecedented amount of racist and offensive language on the site, Sudan Tribune tries to vet all comments on the site.

There is now also a limit of 400 words per comment. If you want to express yourself in more detail than this allows, please e-mail your comment as an article to comment@sudantribune.com

Kind regards,

The Sudan Tribune editorial team.
  • 17 April 2012 10:48, by Michael Angelo

    Nafie should go to the frontline and test the war himself. He likes to talk tough as if he been there.

    repondre message

    • 17 April 2012 15:56, by zulu

      Nafie
      You must be a fool idiotic manace. How do you expect one who wants to overthrow you to side with you, or praise you when you yourself wish to kill them? The rebels are coming to khartoum as you admitted that Juba’s intention was to reach khartoum. your threats are nothing. kiir has warned you already.

      repondre message

      • 17 April 2012 21:53, by Dinka Aliap Chawul

        If you are too stupid to note to know ur mistakes,abnormal agressions into South Sudanese is what cause the fallen of Panthou to their true owners.

        repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 11:02, by okucu pa lotinokwan

    Nafie Al Nafie should not force the Opposition to condem the taking over of Heglig,by SPLA,the only thing this time Nafie try to command forces to over take Heglig.

    OKUCU PA LOTINOKWAN

    repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 11:50, by Lion Son

    Nafie mobilizing committee will later end up nothing since todays South Sudan is tough and heavy to be lift up though with force compared to their South Sudan of 1950s. If Nafie himself is a man let him organize his forces and accompany them to Heglig.
    No more words now but bullet is the only words and tongue in the mouth.

    Big Lion

    repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 12:35, by DANDHEL

    Don’t blame the opposition parties..put that blame on the coward SAF pussies who were been sent there by childless man El Basher...Blame them or not will not give you Panthou (Heglig) back...Only gun can give you Panthou back..SPLA OYEE,, SS OYEE..

    repondre message

    • 17 April 2012 13:59, by Loko El Pollo

      THE OPPOSITIONS DIDN’T ASKED YOU TO BOMBED SOUTH AND ATTACKING THEIR POSITIONS WHICH TRIGGERED THE ASSAULT ON SAF RESULTING ON THE FALL OF HEGLIQ AND THE SURROUNDING VILLAGES.KNOW THAT IT WILL TAKE YEARS TO RECAPTURE THIS TOWN FROM SPLA.ABYEI LIBERATION IS UNDERWAY,SO BE PREPARE FOR MORE DISSAPOINTMENTS FROM THIS WAR SAGA.

      repondre message

    • 17 April 2012 14:33, by Morthon Akol

      T Mr. Nafi Ali Nafi, telling lies always about others is as harmful as hitting them with ax, wounding them with a sword, or shooting them with a sharp arrow.please don’t open another door with oppositions otherwise you will not be in that position. so stop lie to people of Republic of Sudan.

      repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 16:33, by E. Defense Forces
    • 18 April 2012 03:27, by Moderate Academy

      Sudan considered the South as an enemy since Arab entered Sudan, the decision should be considered as simple. the foolish Gov in Khartoum that i ever seen. but you better accept the really that South Sudanese are not rebels anymore therefore they have capability to kick your asses. wait you will see more.

      repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 16:40, by E. Defense Forces
  • 17 April 2012 16:43, by Tambura

    Looking for somebody to blame for their failure, Heglig is under our control for week now. I heard two days ago it was matter of hours they will reoccupied, Now it is history Panthou is back soon Khartoum will be back later on Halib will be back, you and the rest of ICC wanted criminals will be send to Hague, your days are just numbers

    repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 17:24, by K1 Family

    Mr. Nafie you are adding more immoral to your colleagues. it’s a better time for Mr.Right to beat Mr. Strength so South deserve full and control over Heglig.

    Malesh

    repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 17:46, by BM Bol

    This is what happens when grown men who behave like children hijack the country and turned it into playing field. It’s time these crying babies of NCP grow up and be like real men and accept their responsibilities. They always find ways to blame others for their failures.

    repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 18:19, by Dengohide

    NCP should stop blaming the Opposition parties,JEM and other rebel groups. Nafie Ali Nafie and other NCP officials should at least admit the defeat other than blaming the innocent opposition leaders.

    repondre message

  • 17 April 2012 20:32, by E. Defense Forces
  • 18 April 2012 02:06, by solider

    now ss is completly dependent on kenya after losing n sudan forever .u must know kenya is occuping ilemi traingle which is 100% s sudaness ,ilemi is bigger and 100 times richer than ebyi and heglig with oil gold and uranium.war with N is not wise.now kenya can take ilemi without a single bullet other wise it will cut of ss oxygen

    repondre message

Comment on this article



The following ads are provided by Google. SudanTribune has no authority on it.


s
Sudan Tribune

Promote your Page too

Latest Comments & Analysis


Mugabe’s Dictatorial End: A Great Lesson for South Sudan 2017-11-20 08:40:27 by Matai Muon In Africa’s model of democracy, serving longer equates to a higher level of democratic peace and stability. From Sudan to DRC, Equatorial Guinea to Uganda, Rwanda to Zimbabwe, the (...)

South Sudan peace revitalization is priority 2017-11-18 13:06:33 By Clement Maring Samuel The SPLM political detainees (FDS), and SPLM in Government (SPLM-IG) holds to views of achieving peace through the reunification of the SPLM party, and through the (...)

Somaliland: How tribalism endangers an African democracy 2017-11-11 06:21:19 By Abdirahman M Dirye From South Sudan, Somaliland, to Ethiopia, ethnic conflicts brew to tear apart these countries and weaken institutions but this time nepotism and clan-loyalty regenerated (...)


MORE






Latest Press Releases


Reactions to government agencies’ conspiracy against Greater Bor community 2017-10-08 07:54:31 By Manyok Abraham Thuch & Kuch Kuol Deng A monkey business or a donkey business in the government of the republic of South Sudan against the citizens is unacceptable. Therefore, we as youth (...)

Amnesty calls to release Nubian activists detained over protest for cultural rights 2017-09-12 20:47:54 AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL PRESS RELEASE 12 September 2017 Egypt: Release 24 Nubian activists detained after protest calling for respect of their cultural rights Egyptian authorities should (...)

New group formed to gather Nuer in United States 2017-08-17 14:15:50 DECLARATION FOR THE FORMATION OF NUD TO BRING TOGETHER ALL NUER IN THE U.S.A Press Statement The Nuer Union For Development (NUD) The United State of America The State of Nebraska August 15, (...)


MORE

Copyright © 2003-2017 SudanTribune - All rights reserved.