July 8, 2012 (KUACJOK)- The governor of South Sudan’s State of Northern Bahr el Ghazal State, Paul Malong Awan, on 6 July 2012 issued a gubernatorial order reshuffling his cabinet, a statement from the governor’s office said on Saturday.
Officials with the state administration said that changes were intended to reinvigorate the machinery of government bringing about better service delivery.
The officials who were not reappointed includes: Stephen Chol Ajonga the former Education Minister, Buthena Michael Manyang who was the former Minister of Social Development and the Chairperson of the Human Rights Commission, Public Grievances and Justice.
The new faces include:
- Tong Deng Anei - Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports
- Kon Elbert Deng Chan - Minister of Education
- Ernest Mangok Mangok - Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
- Lino Adub Achier - Minister of Local Government
- Mrs. Nyibol Benjamin Ajonga - Minister of Information
- Mrs. Ajak Akok Kuel and Giir Riiny - Ministers Without portfolio.
Other appointees include:
- Reverend Yournew Wol Kuot - Chairperson of the Land Commission
- Diing Diing Malong - Chairperson of the Peace Commission
- Luol Mawien Deng - Chairperson of the Employees Justice Commission
- Diing Aher Ngong (former Aweil East County commissioner) - Chairperson of the Public Grievance Chamber.
- Atak Longar - Mayor of Aweil Town
- Simon Tong Deng - Deputy Mayor of Aweil Town
Abraham Aleu remains the commissioner of the county headquarters in Aweil.
Mareng Chuor Deng Mareng retains his position as commissioner of State Revenue authority, while Riak Wol Atuer moves to public service commission.
Ronald Ruay Deng, the former Minister of Finance, becomes the Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment
George Garang Lual Achien, the Secretary General of the country’s governing Sudan People’s Liberation Movement (SPLM) in the state was appointed as a Political Advisor.
Joseph Akok Aleu was made the governor’s Security Advisor, while Mrs. Anguet Anei Ajong was made an Advisor for Gender, Child and Social Welfare.